Friday, March 5, 2010

Hide and Go Seek

So I apologize for not having a official weigh-in Wednesday these past two Wednesdays. I havn't disappeared but have rather been hiding. I've been doing really well calorie wise but last week only lost .5 and then by the beginning of this week gained, getting up to 206.5.  I was freaking out. 

Then, Tuesday I was diagnosed with a kidney infection. This made sense in my weight gain because whenever I have a bad infection my body puts on a TON of weight. With an infection last fall I gained 7 lbs in two days. This time, in a matter of four days along with weight I've gained two inches around my waist...so far. What is the two inches? Water maybe? All I know is how frustrating it is to be working my butt off only to gain weight and inches and feel like I'm back where I started. 

Tonight will be my fourth night into the antibiotics in a 14-day treatment. I can only hope that I don't get any bigger. As it is I feel like I'm swelling up. Do you remember in Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory when Violet Beauregarde turns blue and swells up into a giant blueberry? Yeah I feel just like that (without  the whole color changing thing, though that sounds like it would be kind of cool now that I think about it! As long as it were temporary!) 

How did your week go?

Peace, Love and Skinny Jeans,
Krissy

1 comment:

  1. I have been frustrated too!! Last Tuesday I did manage to register a 1 1/2lb loss at weigh in, but the week before was 1 1/2lb on, so I'm treading water here!! It was my hubby's birthday yesterday & we went out to eat...my main course was fine, but I did have a large helping of Birthday cake back at home with coffee afterwards, so that may have a detrimental effect this week! We will see!! Meanwhile I'll plod on regardless!! Have a great week...once the antibiotics are done you'll be infection free & back on track!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to share in this experience! I love comments and new bloggy friends and I would love to know that you've stopped by!